RE: Backup--a different approach

Couple more points: The interface for SP SPX (which is really V6) is somewhat different than
Ed described, but if you follow his general settings after you start the "New Job" dialog,
it should work. And the Win REBuilder is a resource hog (it requires ADK), and in my case the recovery disk would not boot. (Display drivers, perhaps.) Simpler and without any apparent loss of function, is the REBuilder Cross Platform, which is simply an ISO download you can burn to either CD/DVD or a flash drive (4G they recommend). This booted fine (some burps along the way) and the recovery wizards appeared after a minute or two. Still feeling my way. NB: Seemed to take me a day to get everything set up, including the false step with the WIN REBuilder. (YMMV) And along way the Win REBuilder changed my display settings on a double monitor setup. I'm on WIN7/64. Thanks to Ed for the instructions. >-----Original Message----- >From: xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx [mailto:xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf >Of Edward Mendelson >Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 1:27 PM >To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx >Subject: Re: Backup--a different approach > >To clarify a point that came up earlier: REBuilder is a utility provided by the maker of >ShadowProtect. It creates a recovery disk (preferably on a USB stick, though optionally >on a CD) that you can use for restoring from a backup when the installed Windows >system can’t boot, or when you’re restoring to a blank disk.