Backup directory for Xy4? (Corrected)

January 23, 2006

Here is something I wish I could get Xy4 to do. Despite my best efforts,
I have not been able to find it addressed in the manuals or in the archives.
Briefly, I would like Xy4 automatically to place the backup files it
creates in a directory that is separate from my working directory. Some
other programs allow this--the most recent versions of IBM's editor, for
example. The advantage of course is that it helps keep the working
directory from being cluttered. Does anyone know if Xy4 is capable of
doing this? I can live without it, but I would hate to find
out later that the capacity was there all along and that I had simply
overlooked it.

Robert Grigg
UC Davis
rjgrigg@xxxxxxxx