Newbie Questions

Greetings all,

I'm a new subscriber to this list. I'd like to catch up on the
state-of-the-art with regard to Xywrite. I left the PC world in 1987 (for
UNIX) and am only now making my way back. The last version of Xywrite I used
was III Plus (I think), and a version of Nota Bene. Here are my questions:

1. What's the current version? I haven't been able to find any advertising in
the PC trade press. For that matter, who owns the software now?

2. I'm planning on running Xywrite under OS/2 for Windows on a notebook (IBM
Thinkpad 755). Anyone running a similar set up? Likes, dislikes? Tell me what
you think!

3. Lastly, a more general question: what word processor (if not Xywrite)
would you choose to run on a notebook and OS/2 for Windows?

Cheers,

Bob Hawley
AT&T Bell Labs robert.t.hawley@xxxxxxxx rth1@xxxxxxxx