Re: ANSI vs ASCII

I think you're both right, Steve and Dick, but it is a combination of ASCII
10 and 13 which results in a single three-byte element. Exactly how that
works, I'm not sure. There are references to this in my original (Xy III+)
documentation and in the current U2 file.

Occasional study of the U2 provides unexpected insights. I have a lot of
tried-and-true (translation: habitual) editing practices from something like
15 years with XyWrite. But when I have a little spare time, I sometimes just
do quick searches within the U2 for functions I might need now and then ...
and I generally find something useful.

Does anyone have an older version of the U2 available to send me? The current
one runs great on the Pentium but lags terribly on my 286 (go figure!), for
reasons Carl has detailed here before. Since nobody else in the known
universe uses a 286 for anything but a paperweight, I don't expect much
support or sympathy. But maybe here, where we appreciate that XyWrite was
still a great program when it ran on an 8086 ... I think the changes that
slowed me down were made a couple of revisions back, like version 95? Thanks
in advance for any help offered!

Jeff

≪ > Hi:
 >  Maybe you've hit on the answer. I thought the XYWRITE arrow for the
 > paragraph marker was desimal 20. Maybe it is something different
 > (possibly above 128). Can anyone identify the code nbr for the paragraph
 > arrow used by XYW?? DG

 It's a unique marker, because it represents two Ascii characters - CR and
LF. ≫