Re: Answer found re failure of NET USE LPT1 to redirect LPT1

Harry Binswanger wrote:
Interesting. The flashlight search works . . . about half the time.
At the paper, where we have 2 98 initial release, 2 98SE, 1 W2K, and 2
XP boxes, that painfully slow flashlight usually occurs when one is
trying to access one of the 98 boxes or trying to access a later
opsys-box from one of the 98 ones. So I had assumed it was the different
protocols involved. (The Network is very badly set up: I think we still
have IPX/SPX or whatever it's called bound to the NICs from the days
when we had a couple of 95 boxes in the mix; I haven't had the downtime
to clean it up.) But you're saying it happens in an all-XP environment?
I've found that once a shared drive or folder is mapped to a drive
letter on another PC, it can usually be accessed quite easily and
quickly, even without a shortcut. But with all the partitions, not to
mention 2 of those camera card readers, one on each of the XP boses,
plus flash drives, the drive letters tend to mount up. But I doubt you
have that problem, being a determined non-partitioner.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscameg@xxxxxxxx