TTG Marketing Woes

 > I have been wondering if perhaps the future of the XyWrite product
 > line will be better assured if it is in someone else's hands.

You said it. I wish it wasn't necessary to single anyone out, but at this point
I must say that tho for a while Mr. Frank did a decent job of talking the talk,
nothing has changed in all this time -- not for the better.

The upsetting thing is it's simply puzzling why TTG would hold onto Xywrite:
surely the product doesn't get any more valuable the longer it continues to
languish -- and as I see more and more, given the compromises and peculiarities
and inconsistencies and creeping sloppiness, it is in fact showing signs of
degrading over time.

Look at the missed opportunities, it's simply staggering. Xywrite for OS/2?
Nah, there's a much better chance of stealing market share from Word. What
else? Okay, sure maybe Xywrite could have been the STANDARD SGML EDITOR by this
point, since it's perfect really. Nah, that stinks.

Gee, now I know what it feels like to be a Yankee fan.

Rafe T.