Re: SL command

Reply to note from Wolfgang Bechstein  Tue,
06 Nov 2001 11:02:43 +1100

> ... what you're describing there is similar to a program that
> I've concocted ... Every time I quit Xy (by hitting Ctl-Q which
> is where I put the routine), the program goes through each open
> file (no directories) and asks two questions, in that order:
> save yes/no, and reopen yes/no. ...
>
> Because I am a non-programmer who has only scratched at the
> very surface of XPL, the program is extremely kludgy and does
> no error checking to speak of. Some years ago, I made it
> available on this list, but at least one person (Nathan Sivin?)
> had problems and/or even lost a file by some unexpected
> combination of circumstances....

If you've gotten that far, you're hardly a "non-programmer". But
your program sounds very similar to Tim Baehr's Resume. If you're
not up to debugging your own, why not use that? Or the Jumbo U2
equivalent, SAVESESS.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx