Re: text to cmd line/ascii to ansi/.Mac-Win blues

I've already made some progress; converting
the f-ligs, the quote marks, and the em-dashes,
-- that all appears to be OK. Talking about it was
more upsetting than doing it. I realized that I
didn't need to know the commands to get
the weird characters into the command line,
since I was writing a program anyway -- I just
pasted them into the window where I was
writing the program. Everything seems to be
working well, though the text is still quite ugly,
and I wonder if there are other things I can do. I
realize that most people don't use Pagemaker
anymore. I used it because a very good designer
I knew was willing to design the book for me free,
but only on condition that it be done in Pagemaker
and, with the great 'book' features, I'm glad we
didn't do this large project in Quark.