Re: Mixed up colors

Two U2 routines will help you set your color scheme. FgBg n,
where n is any MoDe number, parses n into its component foreground and
background values. More concretely, HELP COLOR gives you a
chart with numeric MoDe values and their corresponding colors. (Note
that the argument is COLOR, singular.)

Weirdly, the colors I see there do not correspond to the colors I get with the settings for L1 and L2. E.g., for the first under L1, I have 223, which shows up as something very different from what the color table shows for223:
Emacs!

223 should be fg: 15, bg 13, which in my config.txt assignment is fg: white and background red (170,17,36).
As you see, that's what I get on the CMline. but in text I get what you see in the color tale which is blue on black.
And what accounts for the color table showing anomalies above 93? Not only 223 but lots of them are weird. Look at 163, for example.

I thought it might be something having to do with my pre-existing 4dos.com, but I renamed all those pre-existing files and it had no effect. Could it have to do with the color options for the cmd.exe shortcut? I tried changing them and it also had no effect.

--Harry

(In my message last night, I should have said that MoDe 0 corresponds
to the *default* DOS background color.)

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx