Re: Mixed up colors

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Sat, 16 Jul 2016
10:24:50 -0400

> Thanks, this does it: "For any numbered MoDe M, the Fg color is
> the remainder after dividing M by 16; and the Bg color is the
> quotient."
>
> The crucial point is that what the fg and the bg number will be is
> determined by the rgb setting in config.txt--*with the position of
> that rgb setting in the sequence determining which rgb setting the
> remainder and the quotient will use*.
>
> So, if the first rgb triple is (0,0,0) and a MoDe number has a
> remainder of zero, then its foreground will be black, because the
> first triple represents VGA color 0.

Harry, you stuggled good. You've got it!

Two U2 routines will help you set your color scheme. FgBg n,
where n is any MoDe number, parses n into its component foreground and
background values. More concretely, HELP COLOR gives you a
chart with numeric MoDe values and their corresponding colors. (Note
that the argument is COLOR, singular.)

(In my message last night, I should have said that MoDe 0 corresponds
to the *default* DOS background color.)

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx