Re: Xydos 4/Win 98x - Application error

Reply to note from "Yo Intl."  Mon, 06 Mar 2000
06:30:25 +0900

-> What does "application error" mean in XY4? I get these things
-> regularly, when I try do execute menu-driven functions in XY4
-> on my new Win9.x machine. Never had them before.

It's a sort of "default" error message that could mean many things.
It commonly occurs when a call is made to a Help routine (of any
type, including Menu, Dialog and U2) that doesn't exist. So, as a
first diagnostic step, I'd check to see whether all of the usual
help files are actually being loaded in your new setup. Issue the
following commands:

VA/NV $HL
VA/NV $MN
VA/NV $DG
VA/NV $U2

If the PRompt line unexpectedly reads "(none)" instead of a
filename, check the corresponding LOAD statement(s) in STARTUP.INT
and make sure they point to the correct path locations on your new
machine. QUIT and restart Xy.

If the problem continues, come back with a list of the particular
keystrokes that cause the error along with the exact underlying .KBD
file assignments, and we'll take it from there.

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/