Re: XyWin on XP

Harry Binswanger wrote:
BIOS Version/Date  Hewlett-Packard F.40, 10/26/2004

BIOS F.40
KBC Version 31.42
Interestingly, though System info, once Windows is running shows I have 512 MB of RAM, the set-up facility reports:

System Memory: 384 MB
Thank you, Harry. That's the sort of info we need. I will start compiling a table with this stuff and see what we get. The memory discrepancy may have to do with an obscure bit of RAM skulduggery that I thought had been long ago superseded. Or it may be that your VGA RAM is borrowing from your system RAM. If you have on-board video (as many business, as opposed to gamers', systems do), it almost certainly does. But that means you're using 128 Mb for VGA, and that's a lot for a business system. But no, you said you're using two monitors, so you must have a separate VGA card. Unless one monitor is running off onboard video and the other off an add-in card? Where are the VGA connectors on the back of your system? Are both on expansion slots? Or one on an expansion slot and one on the mobo?

Patricia M. Godfrey