Re: Mac and Xy

Sometimes it *is* all about apps... or at least drivers. The
OpticBook book scanner does not offer any driver other than one for
Windows, and is secretive too, so not even Vuescan can provide an
alternative. ...and there is no alternative production on the market.
Grrrr.

I'm with Kari in loving command lines. I even like, if not love,
batch files. For some reason I have never been able to switch from
the "DOS prompt" and batch files to OS X / BSD / Linux's "terminal".
Maybe it is because Macs are *so* mousy-clicky that I have never
worked my way up the learning curve. But the "standard" Linux sort of
command line is certainly there, and "only a click away!"

Needless to say, there is no Mac program that is anything like XyWrite
in its use of an internal command line. There *could* be, of course,
by XyWriters seem to be the only people whose brains-and-fingers work
that way. Hey, I'm even in that tiny category of people who love
IBM's little "trackpoint" in the middle of the keyboard.

Myron