Help withidentifying escake codes for special characters.

I have misplaced my manuals for Xywrite 4.  As a result I have a problem identifying the escape codes for special characters, especially those whose names I do not know which makes it difficult to use to edit them out which is what I usaully want to do.  Is there a way when you find a special character whose name you do not know to identify its escape code without having to search though all the tables in

Alternatively are the special codes for xywrite 4 posted anywhere or reprinted in the manuals for either Nota Bene 3 or 4 which I think I can locate.

Thanks .

mailto:avromf@xxxxxxxx or mailto:af413@xxxxxxxx