Re: Win10 upgrade news

and a note from the Seattle Times columnist on shutdown errors etc.

#When laptop fully charged, unplug to extend battery life | The Seattle Times (p12 of 15)
 http://www.seattletimes.com/business/technology/when-laptop-fully-charged-unplug-to-extend-battery-life/

[ Third Question ]

  Q: Since upgrading to Windows 10 last year, I'm having serious problems with shutdowns.
  My computer is a Dell XPS 720. The PC tells me it ran into a problem and must shut down after
retrieving some information and it will restart for me. This happens several times a day, and I am
considering going back to Windows 7.

  -- Ernst Elischer

  A: Unfortunately, Dell says that the XPS 720 model has not been tested and approved for the
Windows 10 upgrade. It is likely that there is an incompatible driver that is causing the problem.
  Since the XPS 720 isn't being supported for Windows 10, yes, I'd go back to Windows 7.

  Questions for Patrick Marshall may be sent by email to [283]pmarshall@xxxxxxxx or
[284]pgmarshall@xxxxxxxx.