I would be more inclined to install PC2007 immediately if I was not so happy with the situation I have. I would be surprised if the PC2007/Win95 solution worked as well on my 3200x1800 screen as the VMware/W2K solution has proved to work.

At this time I should re-iterate Kari's advice about allowing the guest to have any access to the host drive. He is against this, because it allows the VM, theoretically, to damage the host drive, rather than being confined to its own virtual reality. As long as folders are not shared, no malfunction in the VM, and no virus it may acquire, can affect the host drive. As far as we know, without shared folders, the host drive is immune from (or to) the guest.

I don't take Kari's advice because it is just too convenient for me to allow the VM to have full access to the host. But it is good advice.

At 29/07/2014 17:12, you wrote:
Unfortunately, I'm thinking you are probably the one who has more experience with Parallels than anyone else on this list.  Isn't  there some Parallels forum -- such as the VBox one someone linked material from -- where you could tap into a wider pool of expertise ?

   Jordan

From: Harry Binswanger
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 7:27 AM
Subject: Mixed results with Parallels

All,

First let me correct myself: Iâ??ve been saying â??Flash Playerâ?? when, of course, I meant VM Player.

Under Parallels, Iâ??ve been able to get a very nice screen (with Tame). See the attached screenshot.

But, as the two other windows in the screen shot show, I canâ??t get out to the web. The DOS window (black) shows that even ping doesnâ??t work, not even to reach my router.

Also, and this is worse, I canâ??t access more than about a quarter of my Win7 32bit files (on drive E: under 64bit Win7 boot) from Xy. Iâ??m reasonably sure all this is fixable, but how?