Re: Patricia's template (Was: Re: Xywrite Revealed)

Robert Holmgren wrote:

Actually, it is radically different. It's a *system* (unlike the American whatchamacallit).
No arguement here, though I never realized exactly how elegant the system was--just liked the proportions of the paper better.
Legal is 8.5 x 14, or approximately 216 x 356mm
Yes, Of course, mental aberration; or perhaps I was thinking of the tabloid paper (11 X 15) we use in the office.
DF JB=81 PG<) s showpage {3-byte_13}%%Page: {3-byte_13} restore save /x 18 def /y 4150 def l ( (the preceding were two lines, not three. Compare the A4 instructions in the PRN for an idea of what's going on here. Then insert ordinary formats in your documents.
Just let me be SURE I understand this correctly: it's not enough to just change the PB code for the particular doc you're printing, you have to change the DEFAULT PB command?
be sure to set GSview "Media" to Legal size.
Aha! That's what I never thought to do. Idiot.
Remember, you MUST use the SETP command to load this PRN! No LDPRN, LP, or LOAD command -- SETP only.
Right, have been doing that for a couple of years now, since I learned the error of my old ways.
New version of POSTGHST.PRN at: http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/postghst.zip
Many, many thanks. Sorry you had to come back to this mess. Patricia M. Godfrey