Re: Re Tame 5.7 etc

At 01:11 PM 2/25/2008, Paul Breeze wrote:
The WinKeys setting -#40 appears to make no difference to whether I can enter the hardware full screen or not. Even with it, that is still what happens. Regarding standby, yes I mean Windows Standby. Perhaps mine is a Windows 2000 problem.
One of the maddening problems with TAME is the number of variables -- all the author's iterations across three versions of the opsys. I can fiddle and tweak the thing most of the time, but I think you might be the only TAME user here on W2000 [we'll find out soon enough]. On the other score, I can tell you that I've stopped using standby in XP. It caused GPF's with several applications -- Eudora among them. And I seem to recall some NTVDM problems. I stopped cataloging the errors when I stopped using standby. I've tried to read up on this, but so far have not found a lot. I may be sniffing at the wrong door here too, drawing a false conclusion (about standby) from such limited evidence and research. At all events, here's a place to start reading. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/266169 Michael Norman