Re: OT: Who said it?

Oh, OP and I knew that; we just wanted to parade.
As to what Ludwig was actually saying, well, there are interpretations. One is yours. A more usual one is that if it *can't* be clearly expressed then there isn't anything to express. This is the strand of early Wittgenstein that got taken up by the logical postivists (the Vienna circle crowd).