Re: XyWrite 4 - Customization Guide as TEXT File

NB 11 does conversions -- how well I cannot say, as I have not experimented with it enough -- and the new 11.5 has apparently added PDF to the mix.

Open Office suite (free) offers some conversions, and perhaps the similar Libre Office suite does also.  I've used both for handling Word docs and Excel spreadsheets, since I'd rather not have to deal with the MS suite.  I tend to stockpile apps for the toolbox, particularly when they are free.  You never know when one tool may work for you where others have failed, on a specific task.  And there are often portable versions available, which won't have any installation (e.g. Win Registry) impact, so you can have them available concurrently.
In some cases, I even have multiple versions of a program available, due to certain feature "blindspots", or features that actually got removed.  These become like "guest" programs the OS is minimally aware of.  You can't really do that with installed programs.

http://portableapps.com/
is a good place to start.

http://portableapps.com/
Learn more... | Latest apps and news... As Seen In... Fast Flexible Make every PC feel like your own Use your favorite software everywhere Carry your bookmarks and ...
Preview by Yahoo

   Jordan