Re: XyWrites 4 and 5 (was: RE: Dataviz and xyW)

>TTG develops niche products. How do you imagine they could distribute a
>niche product widely, in competition with the "majors?" If you were an
>office worker, or the person in charge of them, what motivation would
>you have to, say, expunge Microsoft Word from your system in favor of a
>product you'd never heard of?
>Leslie Bialler

Sure, but once upon a (short) time ago, XY was a "major" and "widely
distributed". Dig in your PC mags, and you'll find editors awards and
statements that their whole staff uses it, full-page ads, and the like.
I also remember major German manufacturers demanding documentation send
in "Eurotext" i.e. XY format. How did this curious slide occur?

--Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
--"It is astonishing that those who spent decades recounting the
--'lessons of Vietnam' have themselves failed to heed those lessons."
--J.Schlesinger "I didn't inhale." B.Clinton