Help: NBWin and OS/2 -Reply

Two suggestions:

First, check the path statement in your autoexec.bat file to see if
your nbwin directory is listed. Then, check the program object on the
desktop to make sure the 'working directory' points to NBWIN. If that
doesn't work, go to the next step.

Second, try running the install program under WinOS2. As I recall,
the install program copies different files to the hard disk depending
on whether it is running under a 32 bit Windows system (95, 98, NT) or
16 bit (Windows 3.1 or WinOS2). I tried the trick of copying from my
Win98 system directory to Win0S2\ssystem, but that didn't work.

What I suggest is this: First, under Win95/98, run the sws_updt.exe
file which contains the 5.2 upgrade in a termporary directory (It will
NOT run under WinOS2). Next, delete your old NBWIN directory (save
any non-system files first). Then, reinstall version 5.005 from the
CD under WinOS2. Finally, from the temporary directory, run the
setup.exe program under WinOS2. This will get you a working 5.2
version under OS/2.

Steve Crutchfield

>>> "J.L. Gordon"  03/02 5:14 am >>>
Hi folks,

Apologies for the non-XyWrite content but I figured I'd have a
better chance of getting an answer here than on the NB list.

I just got a new office computer (IBM NetVista) on which I have
installed OS/2 Warp 4 (FP 12). Xy4DOS runs brilliantly, as
usual. Unfortunately, I have not been as successful getting
NotaBene for Windows installed. I did this exercise about 2
years ago on the old computer and got NBWin working after
copying several files from C:\windows\system (the Win95 drive)
to D:\os2\mdos\winos2\system. If I remember correctly, I
installed under Win95 and then "migrated" NBWin to the OS/2
desktop.

This time I did the same thing with the result that NBWin loads
under OS/2 but gives the following error messages (both full
screen and in a WinOS2 window), which I am positive I did not
get with the earlier install:

Program Error:
Engine_Service: 12
Error in loading DLL

And on exiting the application:
Program Error:
MDIForm_Unload
Error in loading DLL

Has anyone else using NBWin and OS/2 had a problem like this?
BTW, I installed from the original CDROM (ver 5.0) and then
applied the update to ver 5.2.

All help much appreciated.
Thanks,
John Gordon