Re: Tweaking something...?

J. R. Fox wrote:

Aren't you using a special "foreign" version of Xy ? I think it was Tyson
who first wrote about making up new tables for the KBD file. But in the
past, when I have experimented with invented or non-standard tables in
the KBD file, it has tended to introduce instabilities or errors.

Jordan

Not at all. I'm using XyWrite 4.018. The key is to put
ALT=56
ALTGR=98
at the beginning. Then you can use ALTGR (ALT on the right, in your keyboard) as as shift-key. I have a couple of tables:
TABLE=ALTGR
and
TABLE=ALTGR+CAPS
I have not suffered any error or instability due to this modification.
Best regards,
Manuel Castelao