Re: overcoming the XP lag [II]

Michael,

Yep. I just read RH's post, and now I'm not sure either. As for the
numblock thing . . .

"And Louie the King said 'let me think for a minute son' " . . .

Oh yes, I remember back when I first installed Xy4 there were some
issues regarding numblock--something to do with whether your system
default was set to numblock on or off. I remember encountering problems
while doing some tweaking with my kbd file. Now: this rig here is set
for "on," I enter XyWrite from a desktop shortcut, which brings it to
full screen, full width (this is XP), having used RH's instructions to
get full screen and full width when I got this machine.

OK. I toggle numblock on and off--works properly, in synch with the XP
settings.

I look at my settings for keyboard scancode 58 and I find there that
space which is not a space but the (I think) null character or
something, there. What do you have?

By the way: The kbd file I use is one majorly modified from the
Xy4-3.kbd that the Tech Group supplied with version 4. It is the one
that supposedly kept the keyboard strokes from 3+ rather than the now
standard keyboard that they were then introducing to an unsuspecting
world, which would all too soon experience Windows 3.1. Oh the horror of
it all. I still have nightmares . . .