Re: Strange SA/NV behavior

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Tue, 13 Oct
2009 00:11:04 -0700

Harry:

> After massaging the text on the screen, I want to save the
> results under a different name, so I have:
>
> SA/NV ARCHIVE.NEW
>
> I use SA/NV rather than just SA in each case because there are
> older, pre-existing versions of each file that I want to
> replace with what's onscreen.
>
> But it won't do the second save. It says "Invalid file name."

I've tried your "actual code" on two machines, and I can't reproduce
the error. The PM saves (overwrites) file ARCHIVE.NEW, as expected,
every time. I suspect the error message is due to a mistake in your
original code (a typo in the filename?), and that you inadvertently
corrected the error when you posted the code here.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx