Re: Strange SA/NV behavior

Carl, thanks for looking. It must be some setting (maybe in SETTINGS.DFL)
because I just decoded what I emailed the list, and I still get the same
wrong behavior.
Also the workaround of using "STore" instead of "SAve" eliminates the
problem (without) retyping the filename. And I just tried replacing the
STore with the SA/nv and the problem reappeared. Finally, I tried the
non-TAME version of Xy, and got the same problem.
Just in case you have a brainstorm, I've attached my SETTINGS.DFL. and
STARTUP.INT.

But perhaps it's not worth pursuing.
Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Tue, 13 Oct
2009 00:11:04 -0700

Harry:

> After massaging the text on the screen, I want to save the
> results under a different name, so I have:
>
> SA/NV ARCHIVE.NEW
>
> I use SA/NV rather than just SA in each case because there are
> older, pre-existing versions of each file that I want to
> replace with what's onscreen.
>
> But it won't do the second save. It says "Invalid file name."

I've tried your "actual code" on two machines, and I can't reproduce
the error. The PM saves (overwrites) file ARCHIVE.NEW, as expected,
every time. I suspect the error message is due to a mistake in your
original code (a typo in the filename?), and that you inadvertently
corrected the error when you posted the code here.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx
;*;ÿ?«d wa=30ÿ?
ÿ?Mf;*; make full screen
ÿ?«d dr=c:\xy\xytmp\ÿ?;*;
ÿ?«do/nv/x/z /c del c:\XY\XYTMP*.tmpÿ?;*;
ÿ?«LOAD c:\xy\xywwweb.u2ÿ?;*;
®SV652,WXP¯;*; DO THIS NOT GETXYOS
ÿ?«ldkbd c:\xy\macr.kbdÿ?;*;
ÿ?«LOAD c:\xy\settings.DFLÿ?;*;
ÿ?«LOAD c:\xy\xy4.hlp,c:\xy\xy4.dlg,c:\xy\hp4-plus.prnÿ?;*;
ÿ?«LOAD c:\xy\XY4.MNUÿ?;*;
®SV190,0¯;*;
;*;®SV568,®LB¯¯®SV569,LB¯®XS568,569,595,570,596¯
ÿ?«dsort h,d,rÿ?;*;
ÿ?«d di=1024,2,1ÿ?;*;
ÿ?¡ÿ?¡;*; "no ruler" cycles through 3 settings, so need two here
ÿ?«cd c:\mailhblÿ?;*;
ÿ?õÿ?õ;*;
ÿ?£2.undo.intÿ?;*;

Harry Binswanger