Re[2]: A Win95 question

In my view, most of the people on this list probably have a love-hate
relationship with XyWrite. I know I do. For all the abuse we take from the
programs, Xy3+, Xy4, XyWin, we love their speed and the versitility we've
managed to add to the programs. But over the years, XyQuest and TTG have really
let us down. From a business standpoint, TTG doesn't deserve to survive. A
really top notch company would support existing products and let its loyal
customers know one way or the other whether an improved program will be offered.
TTG is doing neither. I'm told unofficially that TTG now has no plans to
introduce an Xy program for Windows 95.

I bought a new printer, an H-P 682C, one of the most popular on the market, and
I can print type sizes larger than 12 point using XY4. TTG's only suggestion is
that I spend $129 plus $15 shipping to buy XyWin, which they tell me can access
Windows95 fonts.

Xy4's Spell Checker is inferior to Xy3+'s and even complaining for years makes
no difference.

Highlighted text still goes well beyond what was originally intended and there's
no fix.

In WYSIWYG, the Offset shows on the screen (unlike the draft mode), making it
difficult to see the ends of lines. With six options for viewing the screen,
there isn't one that hides the offset in WYSIWYG.

And, virtually everyone on this list has complained about one thing or another.
I'm getting ready to move on to another WP, instead of fighting all the time to
use a program that is dying.

Jim Eberle

jeberle@xxxxxxxx