Re: Off topic question.

Yep. Those gizmos are excellent! I have one, and I'm fixing to buy
another. I've got my entire XyWrite installed on mine, and it's got
plenty of room left over for some of my current data files too.

Harry Binswanger wrote:

I think, I think I found the solution, while waiting for an answer. Using PkZip for DOS, the only reasonable OS, as far as I am concerned, I issued the following command: pkzip -&fu c:\xy4\*.*
Now that you've got the solution to copying on floppies ... why not buy a "thumb" drive (flash memory) for about $30 and use it for the whole Xy directory and much more? Widely sold--e.g., at Staples. The thumb drives require a minimum of win98 SE and some brands are a bit hard to install on that OS, but I hear it goes in easily under later OS's. I keep a couple of them stored in my laptop bag. Harry Binswanger hb@xxxxxxxx
-- Leslie Bialler, Columbia University Press lb136@xxxxxxxx 61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023 212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/cup