Re: Off topic question.

 As you may have guessed by now, I'm more than a little
 reluctant to run under XP for the very reasons that all
 or almost all of you speak about on this list, namely,
 one cannot run XY4 in a DOS window, which is rather
 significant when one cannot get used to the fonts in
 DOS full screen. But what is worse is the fact that
 most of the programmes I like are DOS programmes, i.e.,
 Lotus Agenda, Grandview, etc., and they too don't run
 well under XP. As for Window98, SE, I have a little
 experience with it, and while it is almost the same as
 Windows95, it is not quite the same. So, as you might
 guess, I'm still running with Windows95. And so, if
 I correctly understand you, a "thumb drive is out of the
 question for me at the moment, until I solve my operating
 system problems.

 Have any of you experience with DOS 2000? I understand
 that it is compatible with many of the latest model
 machines, in the sense that it can take advantage of
 all or most of the new hardware. Is that correct? That
 may be the way for me to go on my home machine, since
 I don't have much used for the latest gadgets and I
 don't play games.

 M.W. Poirier

----