Re: OT: Nitro PDF

--- "Patricia M. Godfrey"  wrote:

> J R FOX wrote:
> > And a related question: Is there a program that
> allows
> > one to easily capture web pages (which also
> contain
> > graphics / charts / screenshots) directly to PDF ?
>
> Depends on what you mean by easy.

Patricia,

Well, by easy I'd say something like a point & click
selection from a menu.

> If you have 1) a
> Postscript printer driver (i.e., a Windows one)
> installed,
> with its properties set to "Print to file" and 2)
> GsView-Ghostscript, and if (this can be a big IF)
> the page will LET you print to a file (some won't)

Yes, I was more interested in saving file versions
(complete)as PDF, with the option of printing them at
some future time. If the web page won't allow this,
and it can't be overridden, that would be a problem.

> you can
> do that, then run the ps file through GSView to get
> a PDF.
> There are other such utilites; I used to use CAD-KAS
> Pdf
> Creator myself, and there is also CutePDF Writer,
> which
> claims to bypass the print to PostScript step,
> printing
> directly to PDF.

More steps than I had in mind, with GSView. I went to
the CutePDF site, and did not see a direct capture to
PDF listed among the available features.

> Of course Acrobat itself can do all this, but for
> mucho
> dinero (not to mention that some of us have NEVER
> forgiven
> Adobe for removing support for Xy format when it
> bought up
> WordforWord).

Right. The other ideas, such as Mac OS x, weren't
really applicable for me.

Jordan