Re: A very basic printing question re XY3

Brian.Henderson@xxxxxxxx wrote:
I know next to nothing about this subject, but I have an old Xy3 startup
file with this at the top:

DO NET USE LPT1 \\dakota\ed_8k1 /YES
That's the standard way to get Xy to print to any printer,even
USB ones. But unless Xy3 was very lame (which I doubt), you don't
need to incoude it in startup.int. You write it as a batch file
or just type it at the command line of a DOS session, and it
should set it for all time. I like to save it as a batchfile, so
that if some arrogant app overwrites it, or one has to reinstall,
one can just run it. The command has been documented here
innumerable times

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx