Re: Portable NB batch file

At 08:47 AM 9/18/2008, Robert Holmgren wrote:
> When I run it from a cmd prompt [F:\ launchnb] on a host machine
No space char!

> I get "the syntax of the command is not correct." The first obvious
> place to check was to make sure I'd substituted the right variable
> for SET NBFOLDER= , which I did. Then it occurred to me, that I
> might have to map the Z: drive on the host machine first

The whole point of the BATfile is to SUBSTitute the Z: drive
for your actual d:\path_to_NB on your thumb drive or whatever it
is. If you're going to do that manually, then why run the
BATfile?
Thanks very much, Robert. Indeed, I did not understand all the
commands in the .bat file, but I did see clearly that it was intended
to create a Z: drive and run NB on it. I just couldn't figure out why
I couldn't get the .bat to run. A couple of folks on the NB list
tried and got the same result. I figured we were all doing something
wrong, something very basic wrong. I'll try the revision today and
report back. Appreciate the explanation. As I said, this is a really
good idea. For my purposes it's even better than a portable XY.
Michael Norman