Re: Portable NB batch file

At 08:47 AM 9/18/2008, Robert Holmgren wrote:
:: LAUNCHNB.BAT for Portable Nota Bene RJHolmgren 4 Dec 2004
Rev.18 Sept 08

When I run the .bat, I get the dialog:

*Can't run 16-bit Windows program
 The path Z:\NBLAUNCH.EXE is invalid.*
But there is no nblaunch.exe. And here's something interesting: the .bat begins an NTVDM session anyway. Because when I try it a second time, I get an NB dialog that says: *Error starting (8) Insufficient memory Z:\NBEDITOR.EXE* which, as you once pointed out, you have to kill with Process Explorer. As I said, I'm sure I'm doing something basic wrong here; I just can't see it. The .bat is in the root of F: [Flash drive]; made the the changes in the files you noted; made sure the .bat had the right variable; started the bat from a cmd prompt, F:\>launchbat. Thanks for thinking about this.

Michael Norman