there are several systems to choose from. If one doesn't work with
XyWrite (as for instance VirtualBox in Win 8.1 didn't work for me; there
were just too many intractable problems), you can always use another.

At 28/03/2014 23:36, you wrote:
Then the issue must be hardware-specific, because there was never such a problem here.

   Jordan

From: Lynn Brenner
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2014 9:44 AM
Subject: Re: Staying with XP after April 8 2014 (was Win 7 vs Win 8)

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 12:35 PM, J R FOX mailto:jr_fox@xxxxxxxx wrote:
I don't even clearly recall what problems Tame was supposed to resolve.  Xy4DOS has always been on my XP systems, and I never found any need to investigate Tame.  But then I nearly always run Xy fullscreen, so if it has anything to do with running with less than the entire screen I wouldn't know.

Without Tame, I couldn't get XP to show me Xywrite in anything but a teeny tiny window. As I recall, this was a very common problem. With Tame, I can run Xy either in a very large window or in full screen.