Re: Windows 10 is creeping into your system, it is time to make a decision!

Bill,

I am glad the upgrade has worked for you. I would consider Windows 10
if it kept the same interface as Windows 7, the underlying engine is
undeniably better. I run most of my business using Tray Command Line
(which bears a close resemblance to Praxim on Win 3.1, and ultimately to
the way I used the DOS prompt with one or two-letter batch filenames
starting programs). Most things run smoothly on Windows 7, so I will
probably use it as long as it is supported as a mainstream operating
system. I want to keep a maximum backwards compatibility with older
operating systems. Windows 7 lets me to run VirtualPC 2007 DOS,
VirtualBox W2K and VMware Win XP on the same desktop with ease. Moving
on makes all this more difficult, and the upgrade cycle is simply too
fast for me. It means a lot of adjustments, and that takes time, which
is a commodity on short supply.

P.S. I have installed SSDs on all our home computers, and the Windows 10
setup files took 4 to 6 GBs of each SSD before I used the GWX Control
Panel to delete the folders. All in all, our three computers were
deprived of approx. 15 GBs of prime (fast) real estate. That is quite a
lot when the SSDs are of the 120 GB variety.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx