Nota Bene

to the point. The reason more of us are not
buying Nota Bene, despite our admiration for it and sincere
desire to switch, is that we are not prepared to move to a
multi-language word processor that does not support Unicode, and
thus can't handle languages that we need. When I have previously
mentioned this lack, the reply from NB has always been silence,
which suggests that it does not yet even plan to face the music
on this issue. Since Word and Win 98 support Unicode, Win2K
supports input (with only one font), and XP is on the scene in
beta, this is a matter of courting obsolescence.

Cheers,
--
Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science