Re: Nota Bene

Dear Anne:

A number of subscribers to the XyWrite list would be delighted
with an update about NB's work on a Unicode version that will let
it do East Asian and a large number of other languages that it
does not now support. The advantages of Unicode are that it
offers a generic, modular solution to a vast assortment of
languages, and has been the world standard for some years now.

I have switched over to Unicode for all foreign-language work
myself, but I am forced to use Word because it is the only real
word processor that supports the Unicode facilities of Win98, Win
2000, and Win XP. As soon as a Unicode version of NB is
available, I will be one of the crowd jumping on board. We are
tired of using word processors we don't want (Word) or that are
out of date and no longer supported (XyWrite), but you don't
offer an alternative. I am impressed as always with the current
version of NB, but I can't switch over to a word processor that
doesn't let me use Chinese and Japanese.

As I said earlier, I will be glad to help in any way I can on
this project.

Cheers,
--
Nathan Sivin