screen size change

Suddenly (just now, after an hour or so on the Web, with Xywrite minimized to
the task bar) I find 6 or 8 lines lopped off the bottom of my normally full
screen, so that when I'm using Xy the screen (still full width) has shortened
at the bottom to reveal a row of desktop stuff btween it and the taskbar.

I am using Xy 4.018 in a machine running Windows 98SE, with 128 MB RAM, 20
gig HD, running at 633 mHz. Been using Xy since II-plus. I am not
program-literate.

Any ideas what could cause this kind of problem, and how to resolve it?
(Contents of the files I've been working on for about a month, logging and
restoring from time to time, are OK.

Thanks much for any suggestions.

Bruce (Felknor)