Re: Footnotes, XYWrite and Word

Dear Ed and Michael

I have no quarrel with publishers accepting ASCII format for straightforward manuscripts - that has been my experience in most cases too - but I am worried that if I include numbered references using the XY footnote commands (these could be either footnotes or endnotes) then the material will not translate well.  There could be perhaps 50-60 references in each chapter, numbered sequentially, and with each note or reference included at the point where it applies.  As far as I can see these will be floating within the XY document and the format will be determined by the software at the printing stage, but I do not know what a publisher will make of such a document.  I may be wrong, but don't think ASCII can make sense of this.

Paul