Re: Footnotes, XYWrite and Word

In a message dated 02/28/2002 1:22:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
paul.breeze@xxxxxxxx writes:

> I'd like to work in XY3 or XY4 but
> I am worried about converting to Word at a later stage - a publisher
> is bound to want copy in Word format. Is translation from XY to Word
> of footnotes reliable?

I use the Word for Word converters for this purpose all the time, and they
handle footnotes adequately. (One problem in the Word files is that the
footnote numbers are given as ordinary numbers, not as superscripts. I've
never bothered trying to tune things up to get the supers, but I doubt it
would be very difficult.)

Peter Brown
psjrbrown@xxxxxxxx