Re: Xydos - Xywin - Ansi

I've only recently joined the group, so I'm coming into the middle of this
discussion...

It *seems* that it would be a simple matter for XW to convert to and from ANSI.
It already does it via the Windows clipboard. (Or it has every time I've tried
it.) For example, if I place ANSI 140 [OE ligature] on the Windows clipboard
and then paste it into XyWrite for
Windows, I get XyWrite character 659, which is the correct translation. It
works the other direction, too, at least for the
ANSI-available characters I've tried.

Can anyone explain why XyWrite made its character set incompatible with the
ANSI set rather than just *extend* the ANSI set????

Myron