Re: double spacing

On Mon, 22 Sep 1997, Michael P. Kube-McDowell wrote:

> Maybe everyone else is stuck at the same point I am--trying to figure
> out why you'd WANT to edit in a mode that cuts the number of lines on
> screen in half. If LS2 really does double-space onscreen in XyW3 (I
> used it for at least six years, but I don't remember what I did to
> print my manuscripts double-spaced--the only time I recall
> having double-spaced onscreen is when I'd TY to the screen as a
> preview), I'd be inclined to consider that a bug rather than a
> feature.

This is not terribly helpful to Nikki. Yes, XY3 did permit working with
double-spaced text on-screen as a default. I tried it as an experiment
for a day or two many years ago. Not my way of working, but maybe others
would find it easier on the eyes. (People tend to forget about the factor
of eyesight, but, even as a young fellow, I find myself thinking about it
A LOT when I'm confronted with webpages in spindly 9-point fonts...)

So, has anyone tried to work the draft/edit view of XY4 so that it comes
out double-spaced on screen? That's what Nikki wants to know after all,
and she's asking about draft view, not graphic view. All I know is that
changing the linespacing in "Preferences" was not enough to effect a
change. Perhaps intervention in the printer file?

--Carlo

Carlo Caballero
Research Associate
The Graduate School and College of Music
University of Colorado, Boulder

thyrsus@xxxxxxxx