Re: excel

Dear Judith,
I am outlining the conversion process, according to the instructions of
Robert Holmgren's frame in XyWeb:
1. Open a MS-DOS session.
2. Go to the filters directory.
3. W4W21F TEST.XLS /V1
where "W4W21F" is the name of the utility, "TEST.XLS" is my Excel file
and "/V1" a required parameter. You'll obtain an intermediary file
called W4W99INT.TMP.
4. Translate W4W99INT.TMP to XyWrite:
W4W17T TEST.XY4 /V0 (or /V2)
where "W4W17T" is the name of the utility, "TEST.XY4" is the name of the
converted file and "/V0" a required parameter. /V0 produces a XyWrite3
file. /V2 produces a XyWin file, with names of Windows fonts and so on.
In this case you'd need to delete the names of the fonts in XyWrite4. I
don't know if it is OK for you. Please test and choose the preferable
output for you.
As you see, you don't need to write the name of the intermediary file in
your command line. Please follow my instructions and report if a problem
appears.
Don't worry if sometimes your DOS screen remains black without any
apparent output. The converted file is in your directory despite it.
Best regards,
Manuel Castelao