Re: Good cloning Vs. System Restore

Thanks for the url. I had pretty much given up on CD/DVD backup a few years ago, being unable to find anything that seemed likely to last very long.

If the 1000 expected life is accurate, it is pretty amazing, given that micro-etched nickel alloy disks are projected to last “only” 2000 years. (Rosetta Project)

I’ve had a variety of hard disk, floppy disc, USB drive, SSD drive, CD and DVD failures over the years.  There were usually multiple backups if the material mattered, but my most annoying data losses have always been self-inflicted.

Myron