Re: threading

≪Your own communication will be assigned an ID by your sendmail server,≫
That was the missing link. I was trying to figure whether the sender's application
or the TCP/IP stack was generating these IDs. Neither one, it turns out.
Why would I want to do that? To insert myself into a thread. But if I don't need
to know the next ID, only a single past reference, it should be easy. My sniffer
allows me to generate headers (and it figures out the checksum automatically,
whatever I insert).
≪Out of boredom perhaps, [SysOps] do very humorous things.≫ Nerds are very
under-appreciated as humorists. Do you know the April Fool RFCs (Electricity
Over IP, etc)? I have all of them archived, if anyone is interested.