Re: OSes

Stephen Hunter points out that my mail is in a Japanese character set.
Sorry, I hope that this has caused nobody any problem -- certainly any
departures from the ASCII subset were and are unintentional. As it
happens I'm running the English-interface version of a Japanese mailing
program under English-interface Win2K with Japanese selected as the
"default language" . . . having flipped the input thingummyjig to
direct-input, not-Japanese mode. (Is that clear?) The default charset is
the Japanese one that I've used previously. But I think that *this*
message will be labeled as being in UTF-8. We'll see.

Sorry for using up "bandwidth".

Peter "writing English is a breeze
after writing Japanese" Evans
mailto:peter@xxxxxxxx