Re: OSes [utterly Xy-irrelevant]

Peter Evans wrote:

> Perhaps I misread Jordan Fox's message, but I think he was saying that
> it would be easy to add Linux and more Windozes to a system already
> boasting four independent OSes. I didn't, and don't, think that this is
> so. There is no one simple, soundbyte-expressible, limit, but there is a
> limit of four partitions per hard drive, and this limit is likely to
> prove a hurdle (or worse).

No, not easy. This stuff is NEVER easy. It needs careful prep and some
understanding. The choices one has already made affect future options. I
had 3 OSes (more, if you count multiple versions of the same ones, for
Maintenance and other purposes) on one hard drive. Things became more
complicated -- but also easier in certain respects -- after I added the 2nd.
hard drive.

Jordan

> Peter "minimal quoting" Evans, wondering
> whether it's right to post egregiously
> Xy-irrelevant messages to this list, but
> anyway trying to be concise about it;

I wouldn't sweat it: this is neither egregious nor (usually) a high-traffic
venue.