Re: XyWrite

 > is there anyone who, like me, who misses XyWrite?

Well, as I use XyWrite almost every day, no, I don't "miss" it; I can't live without it. I
like its nearly infinite capacity for customization and that I can choose between menu and command
line operation.

I also play around a lot with SGML documents and like the fact that XyWrite is so close to SGML that
a couple of easy XPL programs let me import and export SGML documents so easily. Here's an untapped
market for TTG to get into -- in Europe, if not quite yet in the US! (hint! hint!)

I do wish (hope? does someone at TTG want to clarify this?) they were doing
more work on it. I REALLY WISH they were going to create an OS/2 version.
Here's a platform with a dearth of native WP apps, used by speed hounds like me. Even XyWrite for
DOS attempts to approximate multithreaded operation (at least with the print feature) -- imagine
what they could do with true pre-emptive multitasking and multi-windowing!

Nine windows? How about 99? Printing, auto-indexing, spell checking all
happening in individual threads. Unlimited text cells! This is the WP package I dream about.

 --Sam. [using GCP v2.11, 17-Dec-94: 02:55]

SGML documents so easily. Here's an untapped market for TTG to get into -- in