Xy-24

I was reading "The Wild Blue: The Men and Boys Who Flew the B-24s over
Germany," by Stephen E. Ambrose, and I checked the list of acknowledgements.

Sure enough, one of the credits was to Al Berger, the guy who first turned
me on to XyWrite. Al used to write for Medical World News, and then started
a new career in the computer services department of McGraw-Hill after they
sold MWN to the doctors' investment syndicate. Then he went back to writing.

I remembered something about Al flying on a bomber during World War II.
Last time I saw him, he had retired and was spending his time on some B-24
web sites. You can expect that a B-24 crewman would be pretty good with
computers. Man, that is a beautiful plane. There were 2 kinds of people
back then -- those who wouldn't go up in a plane like that if their life
depended on it, and those who wanted to fly if it killed them. I really
love those old guys from back then.

Norman

Norman Bauman
411 W. 54 St. Apt. 2D