Rejected Mail (reply to Edward Germain)

Regarding my reply to the message entitled "Replacement Disks" :

My mail server will continue trying to send a bounced message for
7 days. In addition to the "Connection Timed Out," other error
reports included "Insufficient Disk Space, try again later," and
"Connection Refused." But what it _really_ turns out to be, as
revealed by the latest bounce-back, is the old falsely-identified
Spam rejection. Certain ISPs these days are in the habit of
blackballing each other. Also, for their part, Pac Bell has
never lifted a finger to do anything about the issue of "Open
Mail Servers" (which Spammers use to relay their junk, thereby
concealing its true point of origin) and Spam. This has
contributed to some ISPs putting them on the **** list for
blanket rejection of all mail from certain domains, right along
with the notorious offenders like Hotmail. Pac Bell supplies my
DSL service, and is probably the largest telecom player in
Calif., so there's not much I can do about this.

If you turn up here again, Edward, perhaps I can reach you
through another mail account with a different ISP. I have a
couple others.

Jordan